Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Recovery Run

Distance: 4.0 miles
Time: 36:13
Pace: 9:02

Comments: Welp. I set 9:00 as the threshold pace for recovery runs and so I'm gonna stick with it. But in terms of exertion, this was just as tough a workout as the training run last week. It's formidably hot and humid out there again and that's taking a toll on my stamina.

Still, this was a solid effort. A slower first mile to warm up. Two miles right in the 9:00 pace range and a significantly faster final mile. I'm feeling more in control of the run but my form and focus are still kind of all over the place. But that will come later.

Conditions:
Hour: 6:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 79 degrees
Humidity: 75 percent
Wind: nada
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: nada.