Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Training Run

Distance: 4.0 miles
Time: 36:01
Pace: 8:59

Comments: Starting something a little different. Thus far I've called these regular runs either "easy" or "recovery" since I'm not doing anything specific, just getting the miles. From now on I'm going to call them "training runs" and leave the other categories for when I'm actually doing that type of run. It'll be a kind of catchall by definition and I think, for now, a 9:00 per mile pace is as good a demarcation line as any.

Which works well since I was just on the right side of that this morning. I actually did every mile but the first well under that threshold. Mile 1 was a bit slower since it took me a little while to warm up. I was more stiff than I expected following the long run on Sunday. Since I'm not doing warm up miles, I have to sort of treat that first part of the run like that by necessity.

Conditions:
Hour: 5:50 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 77 degrees
Humidity: 74 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: nada