Thursday, July 3, 2014

Training Run

Distance: 4.0 miles
Time: 36:44
Pace: 9:10

Comments: A powerful little summer storm popped up just as I woke up. It blasted through pretty fast and I got out the door to run at about the time I was hoping for. It was impressively humid but the big upshot was the temperatures were as cool as I can hope to get for the next three months.

The start of the run was a distressingly unpleasant slog. I had real concerns that the whole thing would be that awful but I got warmed up after a mile or so and the rest went very well. I didn't set any pace records but had a nice consistent effort pretty much the rest of the way.

Conditions:
Hour: 5:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 68 degrees
Humidity: 90 percent
Wind: nada
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: Nada.