Sunday, November 23, 2014

Recovery Run

Distance: 2.5 miles
Time: 22:57
Pace:9:11 min/mi

Comments: I wasn't intending to do this run at all but when I got up the skies were clear, the temperatures were about perfect and I need any excuse I can find to get back into my running routine.

Of course I was incredibly stiff starting out. And, once again, even though I tried to keep the pace down the first mile, I knocked it out quicker than was advisable. The second mile went well enough but I was clearly battling harder than I needed.

Instead of the usual four miles, I settled for 2.5 because I don't want to push it so hard I break my workout streak due to exhaustion.

Conditions:
Hour: 8:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 60 degrees
Humidity: 92 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: nada