Saturday, January 10, 2015

Long Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 53:27
Pace: 8:54 min/mi

Comments: The run on Thursday took a lot more out of me than I had initially expected. I was dragging most of Friday and slept pretty hard that night as well. Today I felt a lot better so I thought a reasonable challenge might be in order.

I decided to take a stab at six miles. Not an inordinately difficult goal but it has been awhile and with temperatures where they are at, I didn't want to get a good ways out and try to walk home in the chill.

The run went really well, though. I started overslow and let myself speed up as I warmed up. I took an off-the-sidewalk route around one of the ponds which was a nice change of pace. The biggest problem was the cold breeze on the way back. Overall, my pace stayed under 9 min/mi so it was a solid effort.

Conditions:
Hour: 1:20 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 38 degrees
Humidity: 43%
Wind: 10 mph
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: nada