Sunday, January 18, 2015

Long Run

Distance: 8 miles
Time: 1:12:39
Pace: 9:05 min/mi

Comments: Work conspired against me pretty much all of last week making it impossible to get my runs in. I had planned to put in an eight miler and, given I was pretty well rested up, there wasn't any reason not to go for it.

The temperatures have warmed up nicely since earlier in the week. It was in the 60s when I got started but touching 70 when I finished and I definitely could feel it as the run progressed.

I was kind of hoping to get all of this on in under the 9 min/mi benchmark but it was just a bit out of reach. Still, this is the longest run I've done in months and it went better than I could reasonably have expected.

Conditions:
Hour: 10:40 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 65 degrees
Humidity: 25%
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: nada