Thursday, January 1, 2015

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 35:40
Pace: 8:54 min/mi

Comments: In an effort to get 2015 started right, I made sure to get a run in even though I had a winter storm to contend with. There were forecasts of icy rain and sleet but it seems those conditions were a bit to the west.

Still, it rained all morning and it wasn't till noon it let up enough to think about the run. These grey, cold, wet days are really some of my favorite running weather.

I didn't really think that much about my pace on this one, just went out and tried to avoid the big puddles. So I was a little surprised to find every one of my splits was sub-9:00. I tend to speed up a little bit in cold weather but I didn't expect that kind of consistency. Nice start to my running year.

Conditions:
Hour: 12:45 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: light rain
Temperature: 34 degrees
Humidity: 100%
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: nada