Friday, January 2, 2015

Training Run

Distance: 1.5 miles
Time: 12:56
Pace: 8:34 min/mi

Comments: Well that was perfectly awful. It's been cold and rainy all day so I figured it wouldn't be any worse than the light drizzle in the late afternoon. Forgot about the breeze. It wasn't too stout, mind you, just enough to feel like my face and front of my legs were encased in ice.

As you might expect, I headed out way too fast. An 8:35 first mile and well on the way to matching that in the second. I knew that I was not only going to melt down on the second lap but push getting ill by walking in under these conditions. So I just let it go at 1.5 miles. I'll take another stab at it tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be a little less miserable.

Conditions:
Hour: 4:37 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: raining
Temperature: 39 degrees
Humidity: 100%
Wind: 6 mph
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: none