Monday, January 5, 2015

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 34:49
Pace: 8:40

Comments: It was damn cold this morning so there really wasn't a chance I was going out to run before work. Of course I didn't get off until late and the light was almost gone by the time I got my shoes laced up. Still, the sunset was pretty spectacular.

Once again I had a pretty strong run. I thought I took the first mile pretty easy but it turned out to be as fast as any of the faster miles in my previous runs. And I was flirting with 8:30 pace for half of this effort. The best part is that I really didn't feel like I was pushing it too much. I just hit a nice groove and rode it the whole way.

Conditions:
Hour: 5:48 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 42 degrees
Humidity: 52%
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: nada