Thursday, January 8, 2015

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 33:14
Pace: 8:17 min/mi

Comments: Oh this was not pleasant at all. With temperatures in the 20s and wind chills dropping it another good dozen degrees, a morning run was out of the question. It warmed up during today but it was damn chilly when I finally got started.

So, as you might expect, I ran this at as quick of a pace as I could in order to get the misery over with. The first mile was 8:25 pace -- as fast as my fastest in most runs -- and I didn't slow down any the rest of the way. Overall, it was difficult but not nearly as much as I expected.

Conditions:
Hour: 5:05 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 36 degrees
Humidity: 45%
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: nada