Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Recovery Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 38:36
Pace: 9:39 min/mi

Comments: And that was a thousand flavors of awful.

I was rather achy after Sunday's run and actually intended to go out this morning but had to get the oil changed in the car. A real shame because the sunrise today was spectacular.

I was noticeably sore in my quads all day but, after getting home and starting dinner, I decided to put the four mile in. The first step was deeply unpleasant and it got worse from there. I spent the first half mile just gritting my teeth to get through it and the next half mile warming up enough that my pace didn't suggest I had a sharp stone in my shoe.

The whole run was a real struggle. I surprised myself and actually stuck it out the whole distance I intended. That's a real victory at this stage in my return to the routine.

Conditions:
Hour: 7 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 76 degrees
Humidity: 72%
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: nada