Sunday, March 15, 2015

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 35:39
Pace: 8:54 min/mi

Comments: Between the move to a new apartment, the winter weather and the usual work weirdness, running pretty much came to a full stop in February. Some of this was legitimate. I pulled something in my upper right calf during the move and had to walk with a limp for a week and a half.

Most of it was not, though.

So I've completed the move, gotten things pretty much in order and the temperatures are just about ideal. At some point the excuses have to give way to get'er done. I went out today with no greater intention than grabbing four miles no matter how awful it got. It wasn't pleasant but went far better than I expected. I even kept it under the 9 min/mi threshold.

Conditions:
Hour: noon
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 60 degrees
Humidity: 86 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: nada