Saturday, May 30, 2015

Easy Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 37:00
Pace: 9:15 min/mi

Comments: Yet another deluge arrived this morning but, by about 9 a.m., it had moved on. I waited a bit after and went out for the run. I decided to swing by the Elm Fork of the Trinity River up the road here to see how high the water had gotten. Quite a bit, it turns out.

I've posted a few more photos here: http://imgur.com/a/PbPj5

So the run was marked with lots of stops and pauses. And the route has noticeably more elevation changes than my usual loop. So I was understandably slower than normal but not excessively so. I also figured having a bit of caution would be wise since I'd like to get another one of these in tomorrow.

Conditions:
Hour: 9:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: rain/overcast
Temperature: 70 degrees
Humidity: 95 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: nada