Sunday, May 24, 2015

Recovery Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 37:36
Pace: 9:23 min/mi

Comments: The morning brought more rain (again) but it decided to ease up at about 9 a.m. So I put on the still-somewhat-damp running shoes and went out to get my four miles. Now after yesterday's slog I thought I might have a bit of a boost for this effort. The temperatures were cooler and I wasn't being drenched.

No such luck.

I started off pretty good, making myself ease up so I wouldn't regret things later. Still I slowed down every single mile and finished the last one more than half-a-minute slower than the first. And, yeah, the urge to just pack it in was there from the end of mile one on. I am getting out there and getting the runs in but this isn't much fun at all.

Conditions:
Hour: 9:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 68 degrees
Humidity: 97 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: nada