Monday, May 18, 2015

Training Run

Distance: 2 miles
Time: 18:03
Pace: 9 min/ mi

Comments: With the layoff, the humidity and the heat (not to mention the most ideal diet the past few days) I deliberately took this one easy and cut it short. I actually felt pretty good at the two-mile mark but I would like to go out every day this week if I can to jump start my training. So I walked it in and made plans for tomorrow.

Overall, this went pretty well. I deliberately kept slowing myself down but, even with that, I finished with that benchmark 9 min/mi pace I seem drawn to. I'll try to keep it no faster than that all this week.

Conditions:
Hour: 7 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 70 degrees
Humidity: 96%
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: nada