Sunday, August 2, 2015

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 38:05
Pace: 9:30 min/mi

Comments: This was a bit of a challenge but I wasn't really surprised. I had enough soreness in my quads yesterday that I knew back-to-back days of running would be difficult.

I started unusually strong with a 9:02 min/mi pace. That probably wasn't wise. The last mile topped 10 min/mi and I was glad the thing was over.

Yet I got through it and rather capably so even given the challenge of the effort. Importantly I got a good run in the new shoes. They are definitely softer and a bit more bouncy than the old pair. That'll actually take a little getting used to.

Conditions:
Hour: 6:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 80 degrees
Humidity: 73 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: nada