Monday, August 3, 2015

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 35:43
Pace: 8:55 min/mi

Comments: For the first time in a loooooong time I ended up going out to run on a whim. With two consecutive days behind me I initially planned to lay off today and get four miles in tomorrow. After dragging all yesterday afternoon I felt really good this morning and just went for it.

I felt like I was in control of the run the whole way, which is a very pleasant development. That my splits were pretty well grouped -- only a spread of 13 seconds between the slowest and fastest -- certainly bore that out. Moreover, while I approached this whole run as an extra, there was really no temptation to cut it short.

And the sunrise was pretty damn impressive as well.

Conditions:
Hour: 6:25 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 79 degrees
Humidity: 60 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: Little jab in the left quad at one point.