Friday, September 18, 2015

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 35:15
Pace: 8:48 min/mi

Comments: Damn strong run. And that was despite pretty brutal heat and humidity. I know I should only be focusing on completing the distance and ignoring the pace but it felt good to finally go out and get that sub-9 min/mi run in.

I knew getting started that hitting that mark was possible so, instead of trying to push the pace, I really worked on concentrating on the run itself. Keeping idle thoughts at a minimum and being hyper aware of my form, my stride and my breathing.

As a result, every mile was under the 9 min/mi mark (although the first mile made it by just two seconds) and the last mile was 20 seconds faster than the first. Since I'd like to get a bit longer run in tomorrow, I'm going to have to throw speed completely out the window for that one.

Conditions
Hour: 6:20 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 77 degrees
Humidity: 82 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: right heel was sore at one point.