Monday, January 11, 2016

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 36:13
Pace: 9:02 min/mile

Comments: So I'm a wee bit excited this afternoon due to the national championship game. I got off work and right out the door on this run before the anxiety could get it's hooks too deep. It helped a little.

I thought I would be a bit more fatigued and sore after yesterday's long run but I was incredibly dialed in for this effort. Started strong, hit a solid and consistent pace for the middle two and upped it a bit for the end.

I've planned an off day tomorrow but if I continue to feel this good I might shift that to Wednesday. As always, I want to avoid injury due to pushing too hard too soon.

Conditions
Hour: 5:20 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 45 degrees
Humidity: 55 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: nada