Monday, January 4, 2016

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 35:30
Pace: 8:52 min/mi

Comments: I felt pretty good yesterday and really toyed with the idea of getting in a run for the fourth day in a row. But given how hard I had pushed the run the day prior I decided an injury would be the worst case scenario.

Best case  would be recovering well on the off day and cranking out a solid effort today. And that's what happened. This run was actually slower than the run prior but I held a strong pace the whole way (negative split) and didn't go all out at the end. This is the most control I've had over a run in months.

Conditions
Hour: 5:30 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 44 degrees
Humidity: 68 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: nada