Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 36:13
Pace: 9:02 min/mi

Comments: The last couple of runs have been fantastic so I kinda suspected I was due for a cruddy one. And boy this effort certainly qualifies.

It was chilly starting out and I needed a good mile and a half to warm up. A little breeze made that all the more unpleasant. That's probably the reason I started off a bit overfast which left me feeling winded before I even got a third of the way done.

I settled down and resigned myself to the slog which, it turns out, felt a lot worse than it was. I expected 10 min/mi pace but my slowest was 9:10. So I guess I did better than I thought.

Conditions
Hour: 5:15 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: cloudy
Temperature: 43 degrees
Humidity: 65 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: Tightness in my lower right calf.