Friday, January 8, 2016

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 36:15
Pace: 9 min/mi

Comments: This one was not fun and straight up weird in terms of the timing. I would have sworn this was significantly slower since I was doing a full on slog from the second mile on. But the Garmin had me at 9 min/mi average pace. It also had the route seriously screwed up so I'm thinking that's a bit off.

The fact is that after my long layoff, I've had seven runs in the past nine days. It's not a big surprise my legs are feeling a bit of wear at the moment. I'm gonna try to get a "long" run in this weekend but if my legs don't start to recover a bit, I'll probably err on the side of caution.

Conditions
Hour: 5:15 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: cloudy
Temperature: 54 degrees
Humidity: 85 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: Tightness in my lower outside right calf.