Sunday, January 24, 2016

Long Run

Distance: 10 miles
Time: 1:34:37
Pace: 9:28 min/mi

Comments: So while my running hasn't been particularly consistent the last week or so, raceday ain't getting any further away. The only way to avoid some serious suffering on Feb. 28 is to pony up for some now. And so I decided to go get ten miles this morning.

It was pretty rough. The wind out of the south didn't make it any easier. That said, my sub-9:30 average pace was a very happy surprise. This was possible primarily by keeping my first four miles clustered tightly around 9:00. And while I slowed considerably after that, every mile was under the 10 min mark.

So it seems my conditioning is in better shape than I thought. Now, if I can stick to the running regimen, I might even beat two hours on this race.

Conditions
Hour: 9:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 40 degrees
Humidity: 46 percent
Wind: 10 mph
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: My left hip got pretty achy the last two miles.