Sunday, March 20, 2016

Long Run

Distance: 10 miles
Time: 1:41:36
Pace: 10:09 min/mi

Comments: I meant to do this run on Saturday but Friday night indulgence made that inadvisable. I felt I could use the extra day rest anyway so I wasn't too concerned. Still, I didn't feel particularly confident starting out.

In fact, I had my doubts about even being able to finish this one until mile four or so. Rationally, I knew I could do it but my head space was not where it needed to be. So I defaulted to "gut it out."

Most of the run, as a result, was overslow. Several miles even flirted with the 11 min/mi pace. But on the last three miles I kept trying to increase the pace and, on the final one, I got it under 9 min/mi. So there is some strength in the legs.

Conditions

Hour: 9:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 49 degrees
Humidity: 39 percent
Wind: 10 mph gusts
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: nada