Friday, October 28, 2016

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 38:59
Pace: 9:44 min/mi

Comments: So I wanted to get three runs in during the (work) week but wasn't able to get one in the last two mornings. Only one other option; a Friday afternoon run. Not my favorite due to traffic alone.

While it isn't as brutally hot as it was this summer, it's certainly warm enough. The first mile didn't bode well and the last mile was some unpleasant work.

Still, I kept every mile under 10 minutes and had identical splits for the last two. That's a far better performance than I was expecting when I got started. It's too early to consider this any kind of breakthrough but it's nice to see a little progress.

Conditions

Hour:5:40 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 86 degrees
Humidity: 44 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: nada