Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 40:39
Pace: 10:09 min/mi

Comments: I couldn't get a run in yesterday morning and considered an afternoon effort. But with the residual tiredness from the long run and unusually warm temperature, I decided to err on the side of caution. Given the struggle I had today with the warm morning and tired legs, that was probably the correct choice. I started out OK despite feeling less than at my peak but I slowed down a lot on the back half of this one. And the whole run felt like the slog it was. Here's hoping things are better the next outing.

Conditions

Hour: 6 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 73 degrees
Humidity: 80 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: nada