Friday, November 4, 2016

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 35:23
Pace: 8:50 min/mi

Comments: With the stated intention of getting three runs in during the work week I once again found myself having to put in the Friday afternoon effort. This worked out pretty well since the cold front came through yesterday. While temperatures aren't yet ideal, they are certainly better.

Anyhow, I just planned to get a solid effort in but found myself with a pretty good pace as I neared the end of the first mile. I was able to slip in under the nine minute mark. After that I just tried to keep that goal for the next mile. And, surprisingly, was successful the rest of the way.

It is the fastest I've run a workout since March, a full nine months ago. And the first "four run" week since January. Not bad for this week's work.

Conditions

Hour: 5:15 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 74 degrees
Humidity: 82 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: nada