Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 33:52
Pace: 8:27 min/mi

Comments: I had an early morning appointment and couldn't run but took an extra long lunch to get the workout in. The cool dour weather is about perfect for running; reminding me more than a little of my runs in Lima, Peru.

Anyhow, I only meant to keep a solid pace but found myself going at a reasonably nice clip the first two miles. When I got the third mile in at 8:30 pace I tried to keep the pressure on for the fourth. And, with a quarter mile left I was within ten seconds of a sub-8 minute mile pace.

So I went for it and finished four seconds under the wire. The sub-8:30 average pace was my best mark in nine months. A few nice accomplishments on my way back to real running form.

Conditions

Hour: 11:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 64 degrees
Humidity: 90 percent
Wind: 15 mph gusts
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: nada