Sunday, November 6, 2016

Long Run

Distance: 8 miles
Time: 1:21:56
Pace: 10:14 min/mi

Comments: I felt like I made a decent amount of progress this week so being a little ambitious for today's long run seemed to be in order. I set my target for seven miles, was willing to settle for six and held an unspoken hope for eight.

I started deliberately slow although the first mile came in under the ten minute mark. After that I just focused on keeping them under 10:30 and keeping as steady a pace as I could. I put off the decision concerning the total distance until the six mile mark.

And when I got to it, I felt pretty good. So I went for it. And, for the last mile, I stepped it up to bring the pace under ten minutes again. Overall, a very strong effort and worth building on.

Conditions

Hour: 7:40 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly clear
Temperature: 64 degrees
Humidity: 68 percent
Wind: 5 mph gusts
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: knees were a little sore at points.