Sunday, November 27, 2016

Long Run

Distance: 16 miles
Time: 2:49:57
Pace: 10:37 min/mi

Comments: The plan was 16 miles. Two more than last week. I didn't feel good at all the second half this week but laid low yesterday to get ready. The last time I did a training run this distance was three-and-a-half years ago. Needless to say, I was a bit nervous heading out the door.

The first half was actually pretty encouraging. With no real way to track the pace I really focused on keeping my run steady but not overdoing it. It was cool, overcast and almost ideal.

Almost. The wind picked up pretty good and I spent most of the last four miles fighting a very strong headwind. No. Fun. At. All. That compounded my general fatigue so the last few miles were pretty brutal. Still. Got it done.

Conditions

Hour: 7:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 56 degrees
Humidity: 85 percent
Wind: 20 mph gusts
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: Expected soreness and fatigue.