Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 40:11
Pace: 10:02 min/mi

Comments: I probably could have used an extra day off after the long run this weekend but, with the rain coming in, I wanted to get something under my belt early in the week. So a lunch run it was.

I felt about as bad over the course of this effort as one might expect; tired legs, soreness, ennui. The dour skies matched my mindset rather well. But, still, I got it done.

With this done, I now have the option of running tomorrow if I want or taking my rest day if my legs demand it. The 5K is going to be tricky given the long run goal this weekend.

Conditions

Hour: 11 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 66 degrees
Humidity: 83 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: Tightness in my right calf at one point.