Friday, December 16, 2016

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 36:16
Pace: 8:04 min/mi

Comments: With the prospect of it getting stupid cold this weekend, I tweaked my running schedule to get my runs in before that happens. So I took another two days off and put in the usual four miler today. Tomorrow will be the long run.

And today's run was excellent. Started purposefully a little slow but warmed up well and slid right into a groove. I kept pretty focused on the effort as well instead of relying on letting my mind wander to get through it. I even picked up the pace to avoid traffic at one stretch with little issue.

Conditions

Hour: 6 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 48 degrees
Humidity: 72 percent
Wind: 10 mph
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: nada