Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 36:00
Pace: 9 min/mi

Comments: The last two days have not been fun. The 18-miler took a ton out of me and I felt it through this morning. Then, weirdly enough, I was fine. Getting started with this run wasn't a chore or battle. I had a moment my legs felt a little rubbery but that was about it. I just got started and churned it out.

I did the usual effort at starting slow with shorter steps but gradually and naturally let myself speed up. By the end I knew I was going a pretty nice clip but never really raised the exertion level to anything seriously uncomfortable. The nine-minute-mile pace was a nice surprise at the end.

Conditions

Hour: 5 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 52 degrees
Humidity: 36 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: Little soreness in the knees on mile four.