Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Training Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 56:03
Pace: 9:01 min/mi

Comments: The goal this week is the routine. I got a strong night of sleep and felt pretty good when I woke up. I got out the door and eased right into this one without a lot of hesitancy and apprehension.

Not surprisingly, the run went rather well after that. I started at a nice pace to warm up and slipped into a very good rhythm after that. I let my mind wander a bit more than I should but never needed distraction to handle fatigue.

It's very clear the strength is still there despite the inconsistent schedule recently but I can't afford to let the conditioning slip.

Conditions

Hour: 6:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 62 degrees
Humidity: 80 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: nada