Monday, January 2, 2017

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 37:22
Pace: 9:20 min/mi

Comments: After the 20 miler this weekend, I was willing to take whatever I could get this morning. And my expectations were not particularly high. I was completely wrecked after that long run.

So I was very cautious at the start and nervous about the achy spots that showed up to say "Hi" as I got going. But then, to my delighted surprise, they all faded away as I got warmed up. After the one mile mark I pretty much cruised the whole way.

In short, nothing less than a fantastic run to start the new year.

Conditions

Hour: 7:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 57 degrees
Humidity: 95 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: Right shin was stiff to start but loosened up.