Thursday, January 7, 2016

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 36:07
Pace: 9:01 min/mi

Comments: Thoroughly frustrating day made even worse by my inability to get home and get my run on. Running pissed off is usually a bad idea so I made a conscious effort to hold back the first mile and not burn myself out on the front end of the run. And, instead, blasted out the second mile.

Needless to say, my individual splits were all over the place but the just-over nine minute per mile average is about where I wanted this one to land. I've been very happy with my conditioning and strength thus far but I want to be wary of grasping at stamina too fast and getting injured.

Conditions
Hour: 5:45 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 58 degrees
Humidity: 80 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: nada