Monday, May 8, 2006

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.20 kilometers (2.6 miles)
Time: 20 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concretes
Weather Conditions: cool, misty, 60s, early afternoon run
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru
Secret weapon: 

Comments: I did not feel good when I got up this morning and it didn't improve much with the day. But this was a short follow-up run for my long one this weekend and then tomorrow is off. So I laced up and went out and got it done.

Not too shabby. The training guide suggested a pretty slow pace so I kept pulling back when I got going too quick. I went sans headphones which was a good change. It made me focus more on the mechanics of my run. There was plenty of go left in the tank but, like the other day, the illness kind of made me feel generally blah.

My knee gave me a few little hints for the first time in awhile. Just a faint soreness that could be as much general muscle pain as anything. It wasn't really enough to make me nervous again but I figured it best to document it in case the problem increases.