Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 33:40
Pace: 8:24 min/mi

Comments: After the run on exausted legs Sunday I gave myself two days off to recover. Work played a part in it too, but I felt overdoing it would be risking either injury or illness. Turns out it might have been the right idea.

I wasn't 100% motivated for today's run but got out of work early to be sure to get it in. I tried to hit an even pace early and stick with it and it went even better than I expected. My first mile was 8:31 pace and I shaved off a few seconds every lap until I got a final mile of 8:16.

The big difference is I felt really in control this whole way. I pushed myself a bit on the second half of the run but never felt like I was going overboard. That's a really delightful change from a lot of my runs over... well, the past year.

Conditions:
Hour: 4:50 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 38 degrees
Humidity: 58%
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: nada