Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 34:11
Pace: 8:33 min/mi

Comments: The weather, while not warm by any stretch of the imagination, was positively balmy compared to what the rest of the week is slated to bring. So I got off work and got out the door to enjoy it.

I felt kind of slow the first half of this run although my pace came out pretty much in line with what I've been doing the last week. But since I thought I was falling behind, I pushed it a little harder on the back half. I was a little shocked to see my final mile hit 8:03.

I think at this point I have to chalk up this to more than just the cold weather. I've really been trying to eat better since Christmas and I'm thinking that's one of the key things that had been holding me back before.

Conditions:
Hour: 5 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 55 degrees
Humidity: 58%
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: nada