Sunday, October 30, 2016

Long Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 1:00:59
Pace: 10:09 min/ mi

Comments: The target for this run was one hour and I got one hour. Six miles put me almost exactly a minute over the goal duration.

This wasn't a phenomenal performance by any means. I found myself slogging more than expected and dragging my feet was a real problem. Some woman passed me twice on the course. Which helped a bit, actually, by making me focus a bit more.

In the final analysis, there were three miles were well over the ten-minute mark and none of them were faster than 9:45. I did do a burst at the end to get the final mile under the 10 minute mark and it didn't suck too much.

Conditions

Hour: 8:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 69 degrees
Humidity: 73 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: nada