Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Fitness Run

Distance: about two miles
Time: not sure
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather Conditions: cool and cloudy, 60s
Location: Chandler, AZ

Comments: My first run in more than a week due to my illness. As expected, it was not my best effort. I got a stitch in my left side pretty early in and I never hit a comfortable stride. The worst part was the resurgence of my cough due to the exertion. Yay.

But, comparitively, it went well. I had a pretty good energy level and my pace was solid, probably about half speed. I didn't use the clock on purpose, due to the rehabilitation aspect of this effort.

No knee problem at all. The new patellar tendon strap seemed to work pretty well. With it and the illitobial compression band I have been using the knee certainly felt much more secure.