Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Fitness Run

Distance: not sure
Time: 45 minutes
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather Conditions: warm, humid, 80s, afternoon run
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru
Secret weapon: Happy Mondays

Comments: I went further that I did on Monday even though I ran for roughly the same amount of time. So my pace was better but I really didn't have a hell of a lot in the tank. I think this is diet related. I need to sit down to a huge plate of pasta tomorrow. And then a steak on Friday.

Although it wasn't the most successful run I have ever done, it did feel like a real "workout" rather than simply holding myself together long enough to finish. I hit an acual pace at about the 25 minute mark which I was able to maintain for ten minutes or so before the weariness set in. 

I did two of my sets of situps before going out (400) and one more when I got back (200). These numbers are huge but, remember, I am on one of those little machines that keeps you doing the crunch-style sit-ups, not the old-skool from the floor to your knees style. And, although they may seem easier, it is really evidient they are more effective for localizing the effort.