Monday, March 6, 2006

Fitness Run

Distance: not sure
Time: 45 minutes, late afternoon/evening run
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather Conditions: cool, humid
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Comments: I took the entire weekend off in order to be extra nice to my knee and because my first day of gym work last week left me sore as the beejesus. I could hardly extend my arms most of the weekend. Not fun.

So I went to the gym, cranked out two sets of situps (total of 400) and hit the road. Threading my way through pedestrians and traffic on Av. Pardo was a bit of an experience. Most of the run was on my usual route along the cliffsides without incident. 

The run went pretty well. Secret weapon: The Crystal Method and then David Holmes and the Free Association. The latter saved the run. I felt nervous about the knee during stretching and the initial part of the run but it didn't really become a problem at all. Not even the weird feeling of weakness afterward. 

I still didn't feel like I hit a pace. I obviously am stronger since I got the urge to cut the run short but didn't get the feeling it was necessary. (Gracias! Snr. Holmes!) I am not sure if I should push for the hour run on Wednesday like last week or cut back and go for the distance on Friday.