Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Fitness Run

Distance: not sure
Time: one hour
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather Conditions: misty/sunny, cool, 60s, afternoon run
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru
Secret weapon: Underworld

Comments: Well, I am suck. Another week without getting off my ass and onto the pavement. So I made myself chow down yesterday and got out on the roadway this afternoon. And got not a half bad run out of it.

Started with my situps and stretching. Focused a bit more on my left hamstring due to the week off. But felt pretty good heading out. Since it had been a week off I was prepared to cut things short at the 45 minute or half hour mark if it got bad but it really didn't. So I just put it on autopilot and kept running.

I think two of the things that were taxing me before were 1) not eating worth a damn the day before a run and 2) the heat. Even though it isn't really hot here (not Arizona hot, anyways) add the humidity and it sucks it out of you quick. So even though I tremble at the thought of another Lima winter, its good news for my running.

The knee was not really a problem at all starting off or anytime during the whole run (but the hint of it was there... in the background, of course).