Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Fitness Run

Distance: not sure
Time: 25 minutes
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather Conditions: cool, sunny/hazy, 60s, mid-afternoon run
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Comments: I have been hunkered down in front of my computer since my last run so I really didn't feel like running or even very much up to it. The workout chart called for two miles at a pretty light pace so I made myself head out and do it.

It started slow and sloppy. Not pleasant at all. There wasn't anything particularly "wrong" but it definitely wasn't "right" either. I stuck with it and at about the 3/4 mark I slipped into a nice pace despite myself. I put in a little bit of upper body gym work after just to work up a decent sweat and to make up for the lameness of my effort. 

The training schedule calls for a regular repitition of double rest days. I'm not completely content with that and might recalculate the thing next week. For now, I plan to go heavier on gym work those days if I can get these stories finished and out of the way.