Sunday, July 13, 2014

Long Run

Distance: 8.0 miles
Time: 1:17:26
Pace: 9:41

Comments: I wasn't as flat whipped as last week but my ass and calves were more sore than they have been for awhile. So the first half mile or so was, again, creaky and unpleasant. It got smoother after that but then I had to contend with the heat. It's nice being able to run in the daylight but, lordy, it ain't easy.

The only real goal today was to hit the eight miles which I plan to hold steady at for the next few weeks. I think I'll keep with the two mid-week four milers and, if I feel stronger by the first of August, add another running day. Between that and the conditioning work, I should be building a nice base.

Anyhow, today's run was solid if not spectacular. I progressively slowed down every mile but that's not surprising given the heat. I also had to stop at one point and help a box turtle heading for the roadway. Hope the little guy didn't make another attempt after I pointed him back toward the marshy area he had left.

Conditions:
Hour: 7:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 80 degrees
Humidity: 60 percent
Wind: nada
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: Nada