Thursday, July 24, 2014

Training Run

Distance: 4.0 miles
Time: 34:33
Pace: 8:38

Comments: The workout yesterday took more out of me than I expected and I slept like a rock last night. I woke up a little bleary and as a result, I got out the door a bit late. The upside was catching a spectacular sunrise at its peak.

This run was pretty solid the whole way. It was definitely faster than anything I've done to date but that's far less important than holding a steady pace the whole way. My splits were 8:40, 8:36, 8:35 and 8:40. Hard to get that close even when you are trying. That's the strength I've been building finally showing up on the clock.

Conditions:
Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 74 degrees
Humidity: 78 percent
Wind: nada
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: My right hamstring felt a little wobbly at times.