Sunday, July 20, 2014

Long Run

Distance: 8.0 miles
Time: 1:11:53
Pace: 8:59

Comments: I was hoping all I needed was a night's rest for my legs to recover but Saturday was pretty much the same as Friday. I took it easy most of the day and slept almost ten hours. I wasn't 100% this morning but I did feel a good bit better.

The weather was unusually cool but once you add the humidity and the sun things were decidedly challenging out on the pavement. I felt very good the first half of the run, decent the next quarter and struggling not to walk it in the last two miles. Still, I finished with a sub 9 min/mi pace which is good and bad.

Good in that my conditioning is clearly improving. Bad in that my stamina is still lacking. I also probably need to be doing my weekday runs at a slightly faster pace.

Conditions:
Hour: 7:40 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 68 degrees
Humidity: 88 percent
Wind: nada
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: nada.