Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Tempo Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 34:04
Pace: 8:30 min/mi

Comments: With conditions a tad cooler and less humid I was determined to knock out a good one this morning. I started overfast and made myself focus on foot turnover the first mile, clearing it just under the 9 min/mi mark. Then I opened it up a little.

The next mile was probably a little fast on the front end. I slowed considerably the last quarter but then found my groove. The last two miles were almost identical pace which was precisely what I was aiming for. Yes, knocking one out at a respectable speed is satisfying but the consistency matters far more.

Conditions:
Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 70 degrees
Humidity: 60%
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: nada