Monday, August 18, 2014

Easy Run

Distance: 2.5 miles
Time: 23:06
Pace: 9:13 min/mi

Comments: So I have taken a few days break from workouts/running because of reasons I really don't want to get into. I didn't really intend to kick-start things this afternoon but, when I got home after work I really couldn't think of any reason not to go get a run in.

The initial intent was the usual four-miler but I had a suspicion the heat/sun/humidity would conspire to curtail that. Sure enough, I had to settle for 2.5 miles. Of course I started out with a 9 min/mi pace which is probably a bit fast for me in these conditions right now. Sometimes having rested legs can be it's own set of challenges.

Conditions:
Hour: 5:30 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 88 degrees
Humidity: 60 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: Tightness in my lower outside right calf.